Friday 18 August 2023

Steptoe and Son …… A La Greek

You can almost see the whole world and his dog from our beloved hotel balcony, a slight exaggeration, but you know what I mean. When we come in from a day spread eagled on the beach and are taking it in turns to shower etc. that where you can usually find me, watching said world and the occasional dog pass by me!

IMG_2896

And yesterday, well, I was witness to the local scrap man or Σκράπμαν collecting a two mahooooosive fridges from outside one of the hotels a little way down the road.

IMG_2895

How he managed to load them into the back of his truck, in an upright position and with very little substantial ropeage involved,  I’ll never know, but he did.

IMG_2897

Driving away looked a trifle dodgy to say the least, if not terrifyingly precarious, especially when considering how narrow the road was, with bumper to bumper parking on both sides and large coaches dropping off and picking up all the time,   I’m not sure this sort of thing would ever be allowed back home in Evesham.

IMG_2899

Let’s just say it was an flying on the edge of my seat type situation ……

IMG_2898

……. as they drove into the romantic sunset …… I think I’ve seen it all now!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

The boy dun gud.

I couldn't see Albert Steptoe getting them up, but Harold would have been able to do it.

Galton and Simpson wrote Hancock's Half Hour as well as Steptoe and Son.

CreativeCotter said...

Oh my goodness, brave man or foolish man?! He's probably done it many times before. JantheFan x

Mr.D said...

P.S. I forgot to mention that the theme tune came straight into my head. It was written by Ron Grainer, of Doctor Who fame.