Wednesday 23 August 2023

The Mother Of All Plethoras ……….

I know we’ve gone on and on about them ………but with just a few days to go before we sadly return to the homeland, we’ve been making the most of what seems be an endless supply of our beloved Loukoumades in Hanioti after searching for these wonderful delicacies on so many of our other Greek Odditys.

IMG_2903

Perhaps it’s a more of a popular Greek mainland comestible than an island one …….. but nevertheless, much to our pleasure and absolute delight here in Hanioti, every other café/restaurant type establishment seems to have them in ample supply, which we like to avail ourselves with a generous dollop of ice cream on the side.

IMG_2905

So, it goes without saying that we are taking full advantage of this plentiful supply while we can, because if past holidays are anything to go by, goodness only knows when we’ll be able to embrace them again.

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Enjoy!

Maybe Darrell can learn how to make them - ask the restaurants if you can go into the kitchen to watch. Failing that, I'm sure there will be videos on YouTube.

Or do you prefer this treat to be something special, and only for when you are in Greece?

Anonymous said...

Mr D had the same idea, I have just looked on YouTube, you probably have done already boyz - but I found this little gem. Loukoumades lood 'quite easy' to make! I'm sure you could knock some up for your favourite autumnal TV programmes which will be starting soon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiL28qRM-D4

JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Oh my days....!!!!! I have just found out that a Greek Restaurant in our city centre which I have been in a couple of times, makes Loukoumades - I might have to take myself there next time I'm shopping there. JantheFan x