Sunday 8 March 2015

Swaying From Our Normal Sunday Lunch ?

We usually shop online with Tesco and of course avail ourselves of the only Tesco Express in the village, but sometimes, when the mood takes us, we do occasionally like to venture a little further for our comestibles.
So, when Darrell saw this poster outside the Iceland in town he suggested that sometimes we could be a little more adventurous with our traditional Sunday lunch (usually beef, lamb, pork or chicken), and that a said considered purchase of ostrich fillet could be a bit of a Sunday Bush Tucker Trial with a bonus comestible review tagged on the end type  combo.  I called his bluff and told him that if he goes and buys one …… then why not?  Let’s just say say, Darrell has been shopping, and this Sunday we are having lamb, chicken!!!!!!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

I ate it in Southern Africa - tasty.
Go for it Darrell!

Anonymous said...

I would definitely want a mini sample before I ventured to taste adventures of this sort ...but then, would ostrich be just a gigantic chicken?......in the US south alligator is used more and more...... supposedly it tastes like chicken!.....we won't even think about rattlesnake that is served in the southwest...... pizza is more my choice! .....Dianne

PharmacyMichele said...

Good Morning or Should it be "G'day "?!

Whatever do you serve with Ostrich fillet, surely not peas, carrots & mash? I wish you had purchased the featured item as i'm most intrigued and doubt I'll find them in Southport as the average age of the residents is approx 140!!

Michele

Anonymous said...

No NO nooooooooooooooooooo I don't want to read this - I'm burying my head in the sand. JantheFan x