Tuesday 8 January 2019

Did Someone Say Less Is More Somewhere Along The Line?

I totally and utterly despair …………what can I say?
IMG_0255
Darrell returned from a mooch round the retail park up the road to see if there were any bargains in the sales …….. and returned with …………
IMG_0253
…….. a huge pile of what he excitedly described as “aqua blue” beaded garlands, which he also declared to be an absolute steal at just 49p each …….. especially as he’d been looking everywhere for something similar before Christmas to really make our festive branches pop!  What on earth has happened to the “less is more” ponderings of just a few days ago?
IMG_0254
…….. And ….. this isn’t counting the 3 x 12 metre rolls of Christmas paper he got for just 30p or the box of 12 luxury nutcracker design crackers which cost him a further £1. When I hesitantly queried said crackers Darrell replied that they were for Easter because while Little Miss Iris and Young Master Bertie were still young he didn’t they would question the Easter Nutcracker!!!!????  What is he like?  Like I said ……… I give up!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I thought Darrell was going to save these things for next Christmas.

CraftyCoffey said...

I think Darrell’s ideas of the Easter Nutcracker is an excellent one!!! He’s certainly got an eye for a bargain.

Michele