Thursday 3 January 2019

Home Again, Home Again, Home Again…..Jiggety Jig!

I would prefer a little less of the jigetty jig, as my head is still a touch “tender” from our New Year revels, but, we are back home at The Towers and all the tidying away, I am afraid, from the festive season, all be it our most favourite time of the year, has to be done ……..
IMG_0155IMG_0158
…….. and in doing so, every room our bijoux flat looks as if a humongous bomb has gone off, I could, almost, but won’t, cry.
IMG_0154
Thank goodness Darrell and Nigel are in a more buoyant mood than I and I know, if we all pull together, by the end of the day, everything should be more or less back to normal.
IMG_0146
I am also hoping that when it is all tidied up Darrell will again consider the less is more approach when planning next years décor. I think perhaps Lu’s scarcely disguised sharp intake of breath and likening some of it to an explosion in a poundshop/charity shop …… not to mention his surprise present off Hugh (but more of that in the next post or two), may have hit a chord or two.
IMG_0147
But I don’t want his Christmas tree to change …… I loved it, the boy done good ……
IMG_0148IMG_0149 
There have been a couple of casualties in the all commotion, namely the only two glass baubles we had on the tree, but Darrell says he isn’t putting the rest (now all plastic)  too far out of reach, as he has plans to “gild the lily”, when he has some spare time to get all crafty …..
IMG_0150
I fear the worse ……. “less is more” …….. what happened and what is he like????????

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Back home and all cleared away.

Mum and the boyz have dun gud.

CraftyCoffey said...

Goodness-you must all have had a blast at New Year. I’m looking forward to putting all the Christmas decorations away & having a sort out/clear out.

Michele