Tuesday 15 October 2019

Lush?

In my capacity as resident Grumpy Old Man chez Towers I am afraid I have another idiom that seems to have infiltrated daily conversation and social media that sticks in my craw and that's the  words"lush"! Whenever I hear it I can't help but cringe ........ I hate it!  In my world I associate the word as relating to abundant, flourishing vegetation, but now I hear it to describe all manner of things from the smell of fabric conditioner, all manner of food and drink, hairstyles, clothes, holidays, the weather, even to describe the opposite sex ...... to be honest, these days anything can be **sh .........
Darrell has used the word once to describe a particular wallpaper that had really taken his fancy, let's just say he has never used the word since and Nigel certainly knows now not to dare announce that any one of Darrell's (outstanding though they may be) Sunday roasts was **sh either!
My Grump Old Man list seems to be getting longer and longer ........ Nigel says that I just need to take a "chill pill" ..... which leads on to .............. aghhhhhhh!  

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I have never used the "L word" in its modern form of usage. I would come up with more descriptive words for Darrell's Sunday roast, if I ever had one.

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't mind a bit of lushing or chilling a pill but I can see where you are coming from hun. (HeHe) Nawty, nawty JantheFan x