Wednesday 6 December 2017

A Cake In A Box and A Bag ……

Darrell has gone to spend a few days with Hugh, his best friend and mentor, at Hugh’s Worcester bolt hole Le Chicken Coup, before he (Hugh) flies off to Necker Island for a Christmas retreat.  I decided to go into Worcester on the train with him as I really needed to get our Christmas shopping started
IMG_5897
Let’s just say the shopping went very well, I made several considered purchases resulting in a lot of crossings out on our festive shopping list. It has to be said that Worcester is quite posh, and as such I found the poundshops a little lacking compared to those back in Wolverhampton.
IMG_5899
However, what Worcester lacks in poundshops it certainly makes up for in posh cake emporiums …… and it would have looked remiss not to avail myself of a little something as a reward for a said days most excellent shopping.
IMG_5900
And so an extremely posh frangipan was selected and then placed in a box and then a bag, to be carefully transported home by me ……. so much more refined than our very occasional Saturday morning treat of a Greggs sausage roll eaten, still warm,  with the bag wrapped round it ………
IMG_5902
Nigel was very impressed on my return to The Towers as we shared in its pleasures  …… and then toddled off to spend rather too much time looking on the Patisserie Valerie website choosing which cake he would bring back if he went to Worcester for a mooch!  What is he like?

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Great cakes and well done with the shopping.

I had never heard of Necker Island but Hugh will find plenty of peace and quiet there, unless Richard Branson is in residence.

Dianne said...

That is a very special lovely treat!....Worcester does itself proud with such posh shops that make life's treats even a more wonderful experience.....enjoy every morsel!....seasonal goodies are always the best!....Much holiday Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Oh Boyz you are no good for my waistline - Patisserie Valerie has a website??? (I should have known that really) now of course I'm going to have to drool all over my computer as I take a sneaky peak! JantheFan x