Tuesday 6 August 2019

My Visit To Chiana Continued

I had plenty of time on my excursion to Chiana to explore more of the town, I even managed to find the Trimartiri, Chania's Cathedral Church..........
..... but, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed, as the inside didn't seem to be half as spectacular as the church back in Georgioupolis.

It did however offer a welcome respite from the searing heat and a chance to think a while away from the hustle and bustle of the town ........
....... and of course light a candle.
Walking, at a snails pace, down to the harbour however did not disappoint.......
....... I also had more time to muse, as I had to stop with undue frequently at various delightful tavernas because it was soooooooooooooooooooo hot.......
I have to confess thatI was the mad dog Englishman going out in the midday sun, but when on holiday what can you do, you have to make the most of it.  It was an opportunity to take plenty of photos for Darrell as I think he is currently going through a bit of a Mediterranean period as far as his interior design is concerned, Lady Dame Kelly Hoppen's beige may now be a phase left firmly in the past as far as he is concerned.
I had a most wonderful morning, but I admit the air conditioning on the coach on the way back was very welcome ..........
....... however, as regards to any potential Greek Odysseys in the future "I will", to quote Arnie Schwarzenegger definitely " ....... be back",  hopefully with Darrell and Nigel in tow, it's just beautiful not to want to return and share.

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

A candle lit for those who are looking down from above.

Did you see a diptych or a triptych in the church?

Anonymous said...

It all looks so beautiful. To not return would be so rude! JantheFan x