Wednesday 7 October 2020

None Can Compare To Bournemouth Pier

It’s a sad fact to say that this week we should all have been embracing the pleasures of a Greek Odyssey in Halkidki, however due to this flipping, flipping, flipping virus we had to rescheduled it, fingers crossed, to next year.

IMG_7328

So, at times like these, it’s important to look at the positive side of life rather than the negative ………..

IMG_7329

……. and there’s one pleasure that holidays in the UK have in great abundance that a Greek one just doesn’t ………

IMG_7330

…….  the amusement arcade on the pier, which Greece, to the best of my knowledge, has neither of.

IMG_7325

I’ll admit it, I squandered my £2’s worth of 2p coins, especially set aside for the occassion with robust gay abandon, dreaming of the millionaire life style we would all very much like to become accustomed to ………

IMG_7327

…… but sadly the largest and loudest chink of coins I heard was when I put my pound coins in the change machine …….. oh well ………

IMG_7294

…… perhaps another day. In the meantime Lu treated me a raspberry Slush Puppy to help lift my spirits, where we both shared a particularly painful bout of brain freeze and then laughed until we were helpless when we showed each other our resulting blue tongues, what are we like?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Wonderful. The coin pusher machine was my favourite, when I played, as a child.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is my kind of seaside trip. I love a little try on the slot machines. We always have a little amount of money put aside to squander in those places. Just brings back such happy family memories......oh what are you doing to me Monkey!!! JantheFan x