Monday 19 October 2020

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It’s usually Darrell who has the occasional attack of the vapours now and again ……..

IMG_7713

……. but yesterday morning it was my turn,  I had just switched on the computer to catch up with the news ……………..

IMG_7712

……. when this is what greeted me …….

IMG_7718

…… nooooooooooooooo, this blooming, blooming, blooming  virus!

IMG_7711

My heart sank to the very pit of my stomach like a ten ton weight………

IMG_7714

… as if fighting over toilet rolls and hoarding pasta, floor and chicken nuggets wasn’t bad enough, (not that we ever participated in such activity)!!!!

IMG_7720

Poor Darrell must have wondered what on earth had come over me when he heard all my groaning …….IMG_7719

“Oh that”, he said with a dramatic PAH and a flounce  …….. “ Well, it just goes to show how much notice you’ve taken of all the squirrelling I’ve been doing of late doesn’t it!”

IMG_7715

……… “I’ve been at it for weeks …….. you could even have your Christmas dinner tomorrow if you really wanted!”

IMG_7716

Oh my goodness ………. what would I ever do without him?

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Well done Darrell!

Doubtless Hugh will have got his man that does to make orders from Harrold's and Fortnum & Mason's. He will get some huge hampers in plenty of time for the big day, plus the other subsequent important days.

I wonder if Fortnum & Mason's Christmas crackers have better-quality jokes than other companies.

I like the word "squirrelling." I hope Nigel doesn't think that Darrell has a freezer full of squirrels, ready for the holiday period.

CraftyCoffey said...

Thank goodness Darrell has been quietly stocking up! Hopefully you’ll not be without anything for your Christmas dinner.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I admire Darrell's organisational skills. It's beginning to look like Christmas........and it's not even Halloween on my calendar. JantheFan x