Tuesday 10 November 2020

Evesham – A Moment Of Stardom?

I couldn’t believe it, I was on my own early yesterday evening with Darrell and Nigel still on their way back from the school and tea run and I was channel hopping on the TV when I chanced upon Celebrity Antiques Road Trip ……..

IMG_8015

……. and I thought, I recognise that place …….  it was in Evesham and featured an antiques centre we oft frequent for the odd mooch round their objets d’arts.

IMG_8003

I was sooooooo excited that I turned round without thinking, calling Darrell and Nigel to come quickly to see,  before remembering they were still out …. aghhhh.

IMG_8001IMG_8004

Sadly, as I watched , it wasn’t the episode we’ve all been waiting for with baited breath, where the contestants and experts take a trip on a barge from the Marina across the way from us. I think it must be in the next series ……

IMG_8017IMG_8016

However the celebrity gentleman, who I didn’t recognise at all and his expert bought a rather tatty looking card table that I didn’t think that much of for £30 ……….

IMG_8012IMG_8013

……. but sold at auction for £40 making £10, not that impressive a profit, taking auction fees into consideration.

IMG_8014

All I can say is thank goodness for BBC iPlayer because when Darrell and Nigel finally got home we were all able to watch said programme together, ooohing and ahhhing in all the appropriate places …… and yes, they both agreed with me, the table didn’t really do Evesham justice!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Great , almost a brush with fame, if you had recognised the celebrity.

Celebrity Antiques Road Trip should have you three monkeys on it. You are certainly famous, in some circles. More famous than the "celebrity" on the Evesham episode.

Perhaps, you could invite Hugh to be part of the show, with you - a genuine celeb, and a friend of the famous. Allegedly a pal of Sir Elton of John.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff - I love all those antiquey programmes. The good Mr Paul Laidlaw being my own personal favourite! Other antique experts are available. JantheFan x