Wednesday 11 November 2020

Twix Caramel Centre Biscuits–A Review

Now, we very much enjoy a Twix, particularly of the white chocolate finger variety,  so when Darrell spotted these new Twix Caramel Centre biscuits when putting in an Iceland online order it was a no brainer that we try them.

IMG_7823

So, OK, we’ll cut to the chase straight away ……..

IMG_7821

…….. we were disappointed, very disappointed, they promised so much, what with their Twix caramel centres ………

IMG_7824

…… and an abundance of chocolate chips, but they are not for us ……

IMG_7825

It was mainly the biscuit that let them down, they looked anaemic with a texture and taste reminiscent to that of a very stale rusk.  Not nice!

IMG_7826

The caramel was OK, soft rather than comfortingly gooey, but sadly with very little flavour.

IMG_7827

We will all admit to having a really sweet tooth, but these biscuits were even too sweet for us ……

IMG_7828

…… memorable only for their rusk like stale texture and overwhelming, flavourless sweetness’ness ………. nil nom nom nom, we are afraid ……

IMG_7830

…… and for that reason we feel we can only give said Twix Caramel Centres a very singular and miniscule une Eurovision point out of a possible 100 on our world famous Richter Scale of Noms, which has got to be one of our lowest scores in a very long while, quelle dommage!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

How disappointing.

I love Twix, although I prefer milk chocolate, rather than white, and I love chocolate chip cookies, too. So, the mixture of the two looked to have potential.

Never mind. At least you tried.

P.S. Technically, white chocolate isn't even chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a disappointment! However I took an intake of breath when I read your blog, WHITE CHOCOLATE TWIX!!!! I demand one and I demand one NOW!!! I've never seen a white choco one before and I do enjoy my occasional Milky Bar now and again........I'm going on an online white chocolate Twix hunt. See you in a few weeks. JantheFan x