Wednesday 13 January 2016

A Bracing Last Day In Liverpool

Whilst the city pleasures of Liverpool are indeed very tempting, I decided to leave them behind via the Mersey Tunnel opting for the bracing air of New Brighton Beach instead  …….
IMG_6825IMG_6827
… and it did not disappoint!
IMG_6828IMG_6830
……. and cobwebs that were remaining after Christmas were well and truly blown away …..
IMG_6835IMG_6841
I do soooooooo love a tempest tossed sea, but it’s something I haven’t experience very often, so there was much to embrace  …….
IMG_6842IMG_6843
It was wonderful, I just couldn’t drag myself away, as the waves grew higher and higher and then sea rougher and rougher, it’s a memory that will stay with me for years to come.
IMG_6853IMG_6851
When I did eventually wander on to calmer climes, there was the opportunity to do a bit of Wader Watching at the Wirral Wader Festival Tent, with binoculars available and experts on hand to point out and advise …….
IMG_6851Nigel would have loved it!!
IMG_6854 Then I noticed the romantic old shelter on the promenade, and my mind drifted to the wonderful tales it could tell of stolen kisses, fish and chips eaten in newspaper and of families, friends and couples just sitting  and taking in the view, I have to admit, it made me go quite misty eyed and gooey, which is usually Darrell's prerogative!!
IMG_6855IMG_6856
 ....... And finally, what trip to the sea wouldn’t be complete with  a little squandering of  your last few pennies in the amusement arcade ……
IMG_6858IMG_6860
…… but, it wasn’t as much fun as it would have been with Darrell and Nigel, and that’s when I knew it was time I got back home, I missed them!
IMG_6878
However, I have vowed that I would be back very soon and Darrell and Nigel will be with me, then we will do it all ….. because Liverpool really does have it all for three monkeys looking for adventure, excitement and culture ......!!!!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Kiss me quick hats, candy rock, deck chairs - all good.

PharmacyMichele said...

So glad you have enjoyed your trip to Liverpool, I'm sure Nigel & Darrell would love it. I hope you have a small gift for them.

Michele

Dianne said...

What a special visit to that beautiful dramatic tempest tossed sea! .....a memory of the most vivid sort.......that lovely old shelter must hold memories for all those who enjoyed it......romantic monkey adventures are going full steam ahead!......Dianne