Monday 23 March 2020

Life In Self Hibernation ............

An awful lot has happened since our last post ....... we are still adjusting to the news that the Eurovision Song Contest has been cancelled, but compared to what is going on in the world and our own beloved Great Britain it really is small cheese. On the evening of the 16th May, when it was scheduled, we intend to spend the evening watching contests from the past on YouTube instead ..... although we hear there could be other plans afoot.
Soooooooooo, this morning you find us in a self imposed state of safe hibernation, Tom the Scientist and The Lovely Laura have taken over all our child minding duties leaving us to stay distant at The Towers.  We don't intend to venture out other than a walk along the river for a daily breath of fresh air, trips up into town will be very few and far between and only of a robustly urgent type nature.  Touch wood, none of us have had any symptoms of the virus, but, needless to say we are prepared.
But with at least 12 weeks of isolation ahead of us we need to keep occupied.  We have a "Things To Do" book and each day we will have a list of things to work through, lets just say The Towers will never have been so clean or so organised ........
We are hoping to blog a little more often too, just to help keep our brains working, looking for the little quirks of life, perhaps sharing the odd recipe or a cleaning top tip or two, and a whimsical thought or observation etc.  I hope that our readers will not find us wanting in helping them to smile  a little each day.
XXX Stay Safe Everyone XXX

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

I hope all goes well.

Is one of you vulnerable? Or is someone over seventy? Mum? Surely not.

CraftyCoffey said...

I will certainly be looking forward to reading your posts to keep me entertained. I’ve been identified as a Frontline worker so it’s business as usual for me.

Michele

SeasideKaren said...

I hope you all stay safe, and just want to say thank you for brightening up my days. I’ve been isolating since I developed a few symptoms last Tuesday but feel much better now. I’ve been busy crocheting and sewing, so now I’m better I might join you with the cleaning bug!

Anonymous said...

I find a list helpful too boyz. You take care of yourselves and all those on the riverbank. JantheFan x