Monday 13 July 2020

Living La Vida’lerta–Like Watching Paint Dry

Darrell and Nigel have a weird fascination and competition going between them with the humidifiers they each have in their wardrobes! 

moisture humidifier

Now, let me assure you that The Towers is in no way rampant or rife with any sort of damp problem, but, you know Darrell, if he spots this type of thing in Home Bargains, before you know it the flat is flipping full of them.

interior humudifier

Anyway, from what I can gather their favourite ones are of the hanging bag persuasion, which to me are somewhat reminiscent of hospital transfusion bags.

interior damp humidifier

These they tell me are slow to get going, but once they do they are quite brilliant, with the extra bonus of you being able to give them a very satisfying squish as they gradually fill?????

interior damp moisture humidifier

As for the box variety, what can I say?  When they are new Darrell and Nigel like to put a measure on the side with the date started and then periodically mark it off as the collected liquid gradually rises, comparing and contrasting their individual absorption rates as they go…… I on the other hand would rather watch paint dry!

IMG_6185[3]

Darrell has informed me that when the current batch are full, he’s seen a video on YouTube where you can recycle them using cheap salt you can find to do it all again, thus saving money saving, as well as being educational.  What is he like?

wardrobe humidifier

Needless to say, Nigel is champing at the bit to get it all started. It’s beyond me, perhaps it’s all those weeks in self isolated self isolation what’s done it, I think we really need to start getting out more now!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Silica gel ones can be reused, after putting them in the oven. My mother had a biscuit tin with a removable section, in the lid, which she put in the oven, every now and again.

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooh I'm new to these, I think I need a video explanation on YouTube. JantheFan x