Wednesday 21 June 2023

A Little Sprucing Up

Following on from Nigel’s litter pick of yesterday ……..

IMG_1898IMG_1899

…… it seems there’s been a little sprucing up in town ………

image

The old Argos has been empty and an eyesore for longer than even we’ve been here. There were rumours that Poundstretcher were going to take it over when they closed last year, but I don’t think anyone really believed it. Sadly this is the way of the High Street these days.

IMG_1897

However, the frontage has now been very artistically covered ………

IMG_1900

……. and looks quite lovely ………

IMG_1901

…….. it made me come over a little emotional and teary  ………

https://www.eveshamobserver.co.uk/news/eveshams-heritage-celebrated-with-new-high-street-artwork-on-old-argos-store/

IMG_1902

….. although I would really prefer a couple more real life shops instead, not quite sure what, but a Wilko or Poundland spring to mind, or a perhaps a Grapetree or Tesco Express ……… what am I like?

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

The shop fronts look good. "George & Sons." My dad was George and he had three sons. Spooky, in a Derek Acorah sort of way.

Mr.D said...

P.S. Happy birthday Darrell!!! Have a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

The artist images look great, what sort of shop is Graptree?

Michele

Anonymous said...

Oh yes the 'storefronts' are really full of nostalgia. Unfortunately so many places are losing shops - sad to see. It's the same where I live -even the large shopping centres are the same.
I had to look up Grapetree - I want one of those near me! JantheFan x