Monday 26 June 2023

Holding Out ....... And On.

Poor Darrell, he’s been almost climbing the wall for a very small portion of cod and a cone of chips for weeks now …….

IMG_0702IMG_0701

…….. but there’s no breaking his steely resolve, with our next Greek Odyssey all but a few weeks away now.

IMG_0703

He’s bought himself a new pair of budgie smugglers this year, where he says just a couple of extra mm’s on the waist would mean almost certain “muffin top” and after all his weeks of honing and toning, would be a complete holiday disaster.

IMG_0704

So, for now he’ll just contain himself by inhaling the wonderous whiffs and wafts that are calling to him from the Rainbow Chippy, until our wonderous adventure and then, trust me, there will be no holding back.

IMG_0705

I’ve told him to just get some baggy swimming shorts as favoured by Nigel and my good self, as they are much more forgiving with any sort of bodily expansion, but he’s determined that when he steps onto the sand in Hanioti,  he’s going to be beach body perfect.  What is he like?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Darrell hope you can avoid temptation until your holidays.

Michele

Mr.D said...

I wouldn't be able to resist fish and chips and kebabs, if I were in the UK. I haven't had either in donkey's years.

P.S. Mrs. D now uses the term "donkey's years," on occasion.

Anonymous said...

Oh stop - I've never had fish and chips for ages.....well done Darrell persevering until the very end. Think I'm going out now to get some chips, it's just around the corner our 'Rainbow Chippy' - my next trip is Bonnie Scotland, I don't think I need a well toned body up there! JantheFan x