Friday 16 June 2023

National Fudge Day–16th June 2023

Well……….

IMG_2240IMG_2243

……. it would be rude not to avail ourselves of a finger of fudge or two in support of such a wonderful day wouldn’t it?

IMG_2243

When we looked in our cupboard………..

IMG_2242

…….. we already had more than an ample supply of the aforesaid fingers of fudge, as they are young master Bertie’s treat of choice on a Nigel school run day.

IMG_2241

However …….. we might still pop up to Gummy Gum Drops ……

……. our Evesham confectionary purveyors of choice …….

No photo description available.

…… and put our already full loyalty card towards a selection of pieces from their  excellent range of handmade fudge which are made on the premises.  Super nom, nom, nom!

IMG_2244

And, for Mr D, who probably can't get fudge of any kind in sultry and far away, romantic Mexico ......a trip down memory lane ........

What are we like?

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

You are correct - no fudge round here, I'm afraid. Mum, the advert put a big grin on my face - I knew exactly what was going to happen, and I remembered the look on the other boy's face, too.

Mr.D said...

P.S. 16th June is also Bloomsday, in honour of the writer James Joyce. It is a celebration of his life, and the date is when the whole of his book, Ulysses, is set. It is, by far, the most demanding book that I have read. The first chapters are easy, but then it hits you. I found his book, Dubliners, a far easier read.

Anonymous said...

That is definitely a blast from the past! Enjoy your fudge.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Oh my those adverts took me back - but I have to say - Thorntons used to sell fudge with walnuts in - now that has and always will be my favourite fudge. Thorntons don't seem to sell it now which is a pity. It is quite difficult to find anywhere else. JantheFan x

Mr D - I am aware of both Ulysses, Dubliners and of course Mr Joyce himself but I'm afraid I haven't read either of the books you mention. Interesting your bit of information is though!