Thursday 22 June 2023

A Most Romantic Walk ………

Sometimes, when I am out for a stroll, taking in the Evesham air, I stumble across something, even after seven years,  I’ve never noticed before ………

IMG_2232

…… and yesterday afternoon was one such day.  I was particularly savouring the respite from the blazing sun provided by the shade of the two rows of trees, either side of the path, having taken them for granted over the years, never thinking that there was any history to it …….

IMG_2230

…… when I spotted this small obelisk (?) and plaque atop on the grass alongside the path.

IMG_2233

We have an awful lot to thank Mayor Fredric James Master and his prolific family of mayors for, it is a truly wonderful, living  Memorial Avenue of Trees.

IMG_2231

Darrell has set his heart on a memorial plaque on a bench, looking out to Spinalonga from Elounda in Greece and until now I was of the same ilk ……. but now I am wondering if I’d rather like a small archway of olive trees in our beloved Greece instead? Perhaps a bit too much planning and work involving foreign climes for those I leave behind? OK, I’ll stick with the simple plaque …….. while appreciating this avenue just a little bit more from now on.  What am I like?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

That is one delightful memorial avenue.

Evesham has a lot to thank the Masters family for. And Elounda will have a lot to thank you for, too.

Anonymous said...

Why am I feeling emotional reading this ???? How lovely to be remembered by an avenue of trees, they are such wonderful things and very much under appreciated by so many people. Trees offer so much to us and wildlife and are taken so much for granted. JantheFan x