Tuesday 9 July 2019

Fufilling My Annual Greek Fantasy

One of my first "duties", once I had unpacked and settled into my hotel in Georgioupolis was to satisfy the mahooooooosive yearning I get every year as soon as one of our Greek odysseys comes to an end ..........
......... and that is to head for the nearest supermarket, in this case Anna's, for a huge pot of "proper" Greek yogurt and jar of the local honey .........
........ in order to partake in my much beloved Greek breakfast. Nothing comes close, not even one of Darrell's Sunday full English, to this pure, unadulterated pleasure, eaten on the balcony, in the early morning Greek sun while looking out on to the azure blue Sea of Crete.  The yogurt has to be soooooooo thick that my spoon stands up in it .......... what more could anyone want? Could a nom, get any more heavenly?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Looks great. The spoon is certainly standing up in the yoghurt.

Mind you, Darrell's full English would be the one for me!

Anonymous said...

Proper Greek Yoghurt - can't better that - in such a stunning place. Perfection. JantheFan x