Monday 22 July 2019

I Finally Get To Light My Candle

Last night, before I had my evening meal in the taverna opposite, I finally got to pay my respects to the main church in Georgioupolis ......... 
....... it did not disappoint.
It was truly, truly stunning ...........
I am just sorry my pictures did not do it justice.
It gave the impression that it was quite new, the paintings that covered the entirety of the walls and domed ceiling appeared to be very clean and fresh, however, I couldn't find any information on it's history anywhere .......  perhaps I can do some more research when I get home.
However, I did finally get to light my candles, one for Darrell, Nigel and me and the other for all those we can no longer send postcards to but who are no doubt still looking over us and seeing what we are all getting up to, bless.

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

The others are looking down and enjoying your holiday, too.

Georgioupolis church - one picture looks like Saint George slaying the dragon. Is Saint George the patron saint of the city, which, I assume, is named after him.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - I have a tear. JantheFan x