Monday 29 July 2019

Supermarket Shopping

My most favourite supermarket in Georgioupolis is Anna's Supermarket just off the town square, where I tend to pop in after my evening meal to pick up a few little things for my packed beach lunch the following day. 
Their local cheese is soooooooo impossibly romantic. Hugh, Darrell's best friend, mentor and all round artistic and cultural inspiration would probably go absolutely bonkers if he ever saw it and would no doubt have a few choice pieces shipped over for one of his exclusive star spangled dinner parties.  
Anna also purveys fill your own bottle of local wine from the barrel for around 2/3 euros. I admit to have sampled quite a bit, but have yet to make a considered purchase, to be honest a small sample per night is probably enough for me ........ happy days!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

I miss nice, strong cheese. Mmm. Nomtastic.

Mr.D said...

P.S. Your Greek odyssey started on 8th July. The last post (sounds military) is 29th July. This is becoming as epic as Homer's poem written about the long journey of a man named Odysseus.

Anonymous said...

What a perfect supermarket. Every street corner needs one like this! JantheFan x