Friday 10 April 2020

Living In Lockdown - Day 19 - It's Beginning To Taste A Lot Like Easter

I am not sure how he does it, but this morning when Nigel and I were woefully considering a hot cross bunless Good Friday, Darrell was secretly defrosting the choice hot cross buns he had kept hidden, unbeknownst to Nigel and I, at the bottom of the freezer, OMG!
He told us that wayyyyyyyyyyy before all the panic buying "madness" had ensued dans les supermarches, followed by the the announcement of lockdown, a spooky, late, great Derek Acorah type feeling came over him, as he was drawn, neigh compelled to make an extra considered purchase of said buns, he didn't know why, but he went with that gut feeling.
What can I say? It was erm ..... emotional! Darrell saved the day, not only by bringing festive and seasonal sustenance to The Towers, but also all the love and thought that went with it ......... I can feel myself filling up again just thinking about it ......... what would I/we do without him?   Happy Good Friday.
XXX STAY HOME - STAY SAFE XXX

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Hot cross buns! Well done Darrell! The boy dun gud.

CraftyCoffey said...

There’s nothing nicer than a toasted Hot Cross bun-enjoy! Happy Easter to you all.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Hot Cross Buns....my favourite. Never had one toasted though! Will by the end of today! Thanks CraftyCoffey JantheFan x