Friday 27 August 2021

A Most Romantic Form Of Shared Transport ………

Nigel has spotted, what he says is the most romantic form of shared transport he has ever seen …….

IMG_2263

……. to wit a real life, fully functional, shiny blue tandem ……

IMG_2264

…. and if his and Darrell’s legs had just been a tad longer, he’d have been straight in the Georgian Shop in town to make a serious cash offer.

IMG_2266

Oh, the adventures they could have had together in the saddle he mused, Darrell at the front forging the way, the wind gently tousling his hair  and Nigel at the back, taking in the ever changing view and helpfully reading his map, giving the odd direction or two   ……. what is he like?

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

Great spot, Nigel.

I have been on a few tandems, but not for decades. My older brother had a tandem that he bought from Alexei Sayle, before he was really famous. Before Alexei was famous, not my brother. :)

I still have a bike, here in Mexico, and another in the UK. I have ridden my bike three times in the last five days. Great fun.