Thursday 12 August 2021

The Royal Arcade, Southport

As I said the other day, the charity shops of Southport yielded very little for our delectation, however Lu said, even if we didn’t buy anything (which we didn’t) we really ought to have a mooch round the antiquities and bric a brac of The Royal Arcade as she’d read in her Southport highlights research that it really was most mooch worthy.

IMG_2371

She wasn’t wrong, although no considered purchases were made we never stopped ooooooing and ahhhing at all it’s treasures, to wit a giant Marmite jigsaw in a matching Marmite jar container  …………

IMG_2373IMG_2378

In some ways I wished Darrell had been with us, as I know he would been in seventh heaven and gone into a trance like interior design type mode ……….

IMG_2364

…….. but there again, we might never have been able to get him out of there!

Simon Cowell Doll. .Simon Cowell Doll..

I also knew that I would have had to save himself from purchasing a rare and very desirable Simon Cowell doll for £15  ………

IMG_2365

…… and a Garfield phone for £40,  so perhaps it’s best I simply regale him with tales of such delights when I am safely back to The Towers ………

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

I thought the Marmite jigsaw might have tempted you. And, perhaps, the Garfield phone.

But, the Simon Cowell doll? No! Not on your life.

CraftyCoffey said...

What wonderful things you found. I can’t believe you’re 5 minutes away from me!!!

Michele

CraftyCoffey said...

What wonderful things you found! I can’t believe you’re all 5 minutes away from me!!!

Michele

SeasideKaren said...

Oh my days I can’t believe it, I actually had that exact same Garfield telephone in the 1980’s!!

Mr.D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.