Thursday 5 August 2021

Trouble At Mill In Evesham

It’s not very often I can get my hands on an Evesham Observer …….

IMG_2486

……. but as luck would have it I managed to get a copy of this weeks edition, which included a front page story that I’ve been following on Facebook and which has recently featured on Channel 5’s Nightmare Neighbour Nextdoor.

IMG_2488

Long story short, it’s about a woman who’s causing much uproar locally by using various means to block  a very popular public footpath in Evesham that runs past/through her land.

IMG_2491

It doesn’t affect us at The Towers at all, in fact I don’t have a clue where the footpath/mill is …….. however, on reading, there was one quote in the story that really got my hackles up …….

IMG_2489

How very dare she!!!!!!!  How very, very, rude rude ……….

IMG_2490

Forget the access to the footpath, this is a case of fragrant and blatant accent discrimination. Our Wolverhampton accents may be on the thick side, but Darrell, Nigel and I never miss an episode of Countryfile or Emmerdale  ……….. questions must be asked in Parliament!!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Disgraceful! Contact your local MP, the Wolverhampton and Birmingham ones, too!

CraftyCoffey said...

Oh that’s very rude & quite unnecessary! Perhaps a suitably worded reply to the newspaper is in order??

Michele