Monday 16 August 2021

A Trip to Another Place – Crosby Beach, Sefton.

I love Antony Gormley’s Another Place on Crosby Beach ……….

IMG_2462

….. so it was a no brainer when Lu suggested we spend the morning there.

Another Place. Anthoney GormleyAnthony Gormley. Another Place

I’ve been several times before ……….

Another Place. Crosby Beach. SeftonCrosby Beach. Another Place

…… and it was every bit as magical ……

 Another Place Anthony Gormly 121Another Place Crosby Beach

……. as well as just a little bit spooky ……….

IMG_2466

………. as I remember it.

IMG_2442IMG_2455

Lu and I sat in companionable silence ……….

IMG_2456IMG_2448

…… sipping the very welcome coffee Lu had bought in her flask ……

IMG_2452

….… just letting the peace and feeling of solitude wash over us.

IMG_2445

It’s a place I don’t think I could ever, ever, ever tire of ……….

IMG_2458

……. a place where I’d like to come to at different times of the year especially when the tide ebbing and flowing to be witness to all the subtle changes.

IMG_2464

As I took in my last lingering look before leaving, I promised myself that I would be back …………… as I said at the beginning, it’s just such a magical place.

2 comments:

SeasideKaren said...

Oh you were so close to me! So near and yet so far, I’d have waved across the water from St Anne’s!
My sister lives in Hightown and I walk to see the men every time we visit. I love them at Christmas when they are often decorated in tinsel!

Mr.D said...

Wonderful. I would like to go there, too.

Gormless', I'm sorry, Gormley's Angel of the North is impressive, too. On a far grander scale.