Sunday 9 August 2015

Darrell–Lip Syncing For His Life!!!!!!

I have noticed that Darrell has been coming out with some odd phases now and again and then laughing to himself, often until tears have run down his face, and I couldn’t quite work it out ……and then the penny dropped ….
rupauls-5…… when I overheard him Skyping with Hugh  and amid much raucous laughter them saying over and over again  …… “The time has come for you to lip sync for you life” and “Sashay Away……” in voices I recognised as RuPaul!!!!
Now, I have only watched it a couple of times, as it’s not really my sort of thing ….. but, since Hugh got him into it, Darrell has become totally addicted to RuPaul’s Drag Race, and hence …… the phrases  ….. Hugh has dabbled ….. in his hey day he was known as Crystal Chandelier, but now, except for the odd intimate dinner party, his interest is mostly of an advisory capacity.
I don’t think Darrell will dabble …….. he is a martyr to his bunions as it is, so high heels really have no allure, no matter how high, glamorous or sequined, and feather boas …..well, they have only made Darrell sneeze uncontrollably whenever he has been in contact with one!
However, lip syncing ……. I think perhaps he may have already dabbled with Nigel, because one evening I thought I would scream if I heard Lady Gaga sing “Bad Romance” one more time …. especially when again it was accompanied by aforementioned raucous laughter …… sometimes living in Castle Greysquirrel can be a little erm ……. tiring ….. but it’s never dull!!!!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Crystal Vase?
Crystal Decanter?
Crystal Palace?
Crystal Maze?
Crystal Lattice? For the Chemists.
Crystal Healing?

Lots of other names are possible if Darrell does decide to dabble?
The name of the video could be "Darrell Does Drag."

PharmacyMichele said...

If you had been to see RuPaul then you might have seen my good friend Nicola there! I cannot imagine Darrell in high heels & a feather boa-maybe thats a good thing.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Darrell's dabbling does lead to fun and good times wherever it happens to wander!.....but I imagine the repetition does wear thin .....spikey high heels and bunions are definitely a no-go!.....Dianne

Anonymous said...

Crystal Chandelier - loving it! Don't think I'll ever look at them in the 'same light' ever again. JantheFan x