Thursday 8 March 2018

Trying To Rein In The Emotion

This afternoon I helped Nigel pack for his solo adventure to New York as I had promised …….
IMG_6758
…… if we checked everything once, we must have checked it all a dozen times ……
IMG_6760IMG_6759
……. Nigel’s clothes (night and day), that he had enough clean pants, vests and socks to last him, his toothbrush and toothpaste, his travel plug so he could keep his phone charged and in turn WhatsApp us and his padlock to leave on Brooklyn Bridge, however Darrell doubled checked, just in case, and found that the leaving of locks and other personal mementoes is no longer permitted on the bridge and subject to a $100 fine ………
download
…….. the last thing we want is for Nigel to be incarcerated in New York, we’ve seen all those programmes about American jails on TV and Nigel would probably be eaten alive in there and the best bits on his meal tray stolen …….  not to mention Darrell remarking that orange prison boilers suits and chains are not yet de rigueur!  What is he like?
IMG_6761
I promised myself that I wouldn’t get emotional as I helped Nigel pack, but I just couldn’t help it, New York seems soooooooo far away and such a grown up place for the little fella to go ………

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

No locks but he could have lox, on a bagel.

Anonymous said...

WoW - lucky Nige! JantheFan x