Tuesday 31 July 2018

A MESSAGE FROM MUM

We have a little bit of sad news to impart …….. having returned from yet another Greek odyssey Mum has decided that it might be time to leave us in a happy place and resign from “her role that is to be our full time PR”.
IMG_8328
She’s been carrying one, two or all three of us with her every day for almost eight years now, trailing us through the likes of Wolverhampton, Evesham, London, Las Vegas, New York, Rome and Pompeii, Iceland and The Czech Republic, Greece, Buckingham Palace, The Pride of Britain, The London Olympics,  countless Sun Holidays, births, deaths and marriages, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, you name it we’ve done it  ……... need we say more?
Festive friends [10]we are so blessed[7]
The aforementioned Mum says it would just be nice to look at the world through her own eyes for a change and not always be feeling that she needs to find something to write about on a daily basis and then having to do it in bulk and in advance to cover holidays and weekends away. 
IMG_8776_thumb2[5]a[4]
She says we have been through so much together during the past eight years, when we first started out back in 2009 life was “normal” and then we lost Andy, which began the rollercoaster ride that lead to us eventually emigrating from Castle Greysquirrel in Wolverhampton to The Towers at Evesham ……… we took the bare minimum with us and most of that  was discarded as nothing fit or went, so it really was a true new start, even down to our cutlery and plates!   But we made it.
IMG_8923[4]
I have to say that we too, hard to believe I know, are no longer in our prime, we’ve all had/got problems associated with going threadbare, uneven stuffing syndrome, catches, pulls, as well as split seams, making going “in the washer” now a very risky and precarious business.
IMG_8329a
So, we have to agree with Mum, leaving us in a happy place is a sad but probably right thing to do ………
IMG_8330
However, perhaps all is not lost, it might be contradictory, but just like certain characters in Coronation Street and EastEnders Mum is not averse to leaving the door slightly ajar for us, as she might find we are be a hard habit to break …….. so she is going to see if writing one post on the first of every month works, a round up of the month or anything special we have got up to, like going to the cottage to see Hugh or being in a TV audience.
IMG_8344
All we can say is thank you so much to each and every one of you who have poped in each day, especially Mr D, Dianne, Di, Michelle and Jan The Fan to mention just a few ……. we wouldn’t have lasted on here for all those years without your comments and support.
IMG_8345
Now, before we get too emotional and totally dissolve in a most unseemly snotty fashion, let’s just say adieu until 1st September at least  …….. unless Mum cracks first. xxx

12 comments:

Mr.D said...

Mum - you have been wonderful, entertaining and with great imagination. I understand your reasons but I am sad too. I wish you the very best in all you do. We are still in contact.
Un abrazo.

ali said...

I am going to miss you so much, its part of my daily routine to see you what you have been up to although i understand mum would like a little bit of freedom xxx

CraftyCoffey said...

How I’ve loved reading every single post , listing your adventures & travels. I’m sure to miss my daily fix of Monkey entertainment. Looking forward to the 1st if every month!

Michele

Gertie said...

Goodbye, farewell and Amen

Seaside Karen said...

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
I totally understand your reasons but I am properly crying now. I rarely comment but read your blog every day and you all feel like my friends. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your life with us so far, and thank you too for not properly closing the door....once a month sounds a good compromise. Right, I’m off to fetch another hankie. Thanks again, and much big love and hugs to all of you xxxxx

Tracy L said...

Sad news indeed- but totally understandable.
I have my own monkeys and- much as I'd like- I can't fit them into accompanying me on my daily travels. I also have a squadron of mini Stormtroopers (don't ask!!!) who do travel with me, and they can be tricky to work around, taking photos for their Flickr and Instagram accounts, even though they're only 3.75 ins. tall!!!

I think I can say on behalf of everyone who loves to visit Mum's Monkey- that we've admired your commitment and often wondered how you've managed. Monkey and Darrel aren't tiny!
Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us through their eyes.
All the best to 'Mum', Monkey, Darrell and Nigel- see you in a month guys x
Tracy (down 'ere in Kent)

Anonymous said...

Got the tissues aplenty here ...... oh boyz I will miss your humour, your unique way you look at life, your individual characters. But times move on, things change and we all grow up or grow old, in our own unique ways. I will miss you, thank you for cheering me up on dreary days, making me laugh and even shed a tear at times. There is an awful lot of time spent doing this blog and your Mum has been tremendous for keeping it going for soooo long. We've shared in the ups and downs of your life whilst going through our own ups and downs. Thank you for being part of my life as I have been part of yours. So I'll say, Au Revoir......for now, and a massive thanks once again. JantheFan x

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Totally understandable, it's been a pleasure reading your daily adventures, it's the first thing I look to every day! Don't give up on your adventures and enjoy your retirement! Debbie (with hanky in hand) xxx

Amanda said...

Sorry to read this but I understand entirely. Blogging the boyz' adventures every day must be a huge commitment and one that can't go on forever. It's been a great read and I hope we will get the occasional update on their lives in future.

Anonymous said...

I migrated to the Monkeys via your Fiddle Fart blog as I missed your sense of humour and writing style so have not been with you from the beginning. However I have often wondered how on earth you manage to carry them around, let alone record all their antics so well especially when you also have Iris and Bertie to consider.
I was diagnosed with bowel cancer last autumn and during the intervening months have spent many sleepless nights when Monkey, Darrell and Nigel have kept me company. My chemo has now finished and hopefully I have kicked cancer's a*** I will miss the Boyz but completely understand your need for a change and thank you for many hours of fun. Valerie

marc said...

its always best to go on a high my darlings than being asked to open low-cost supermarkets i myself am stepping down and i am fading into the shadows to become one of those mysterious stars who are iconic heroes of the silver screen ,it also means my darling boys you can come and spend as much time as you like with me my casa is yours and my PAs are yours you can retire and enjoy just relaxing and of course mum will always be around when we need her as that's what mums do best , big tear wave of sadness goodbye and screams of o happy days that i will have more time to spend with you big Air kiss and showbiz waves Hugh, YOU MY DARLINGS ARE LEGENDS IN YOUR OWN LIFETIMES AND HAVE SO MANY WONDERFUL MEMORIES TO LOOK BACK ON THANKS TO MUM FOR CAPTURING THEM AND SHARING THEM WITH US ALL BIG LOVE HIM WHO DOES MARC

Di said...

Oh NOOOOO! I just spotted this and Hank and Marvin are totally beside themselves! But, we'll be checking back especially on the first of the month (September is what alerted us!). AND - you forgot to mention our wonderful Monkey Convention last Autumn - such fun and a few days never to be forgotten. I think you've done so well to keep going this long, a little rest is certainly well overdue!

Lots of love and hugs

Di - and H & M!! xxxx