Friday 1 May 2020

Living La Vida Lockdown - Day 40 - Being Involved

Darrell decided to became involved in the residents association a little while ago, “Well,” he said “it would have looked rude not too!”IMG_4738
I have to agree, none of us want to be found wanting in the affairs of the block.
IMG_4736
He’s two proudest moments so far are being involved with the wording and choice of colours for the “Residents Parking Only” sign, he says it was an intense but friendly debate (but, I think sometimes Darrell may be a little prone to exaggerate a mood now and again to build up the tension of his stories), but aesthetically he thinks the sign really works, font size,capitalization etc. even though the police ignored it when they parked in our bay overnight the other week ……..
IMG_4740
He also had a say in the choice of our mini bollard and watched proudly as it was sunk and erected in concrete by our Handy Man Vance …….
IMG_4739
It’s been run over twice already ……
IMG_4648
……. but it was soon repaired, and to quote Lord Sir Elton John, “It’s still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah!”
IMG_4739
As Nigel so succinctly put it, people just have to get used to it being there and Darrell rushing out to help direct fellow residents to park without hitting it!  What is he like?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

I hope your visitors have their own place in which to park.

I think you need a taller bollard, so drivers can see it more easily. A maxi bollard, no less.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness to me, I have giggled my way through the posting today. It reminds me of an item in the Stephen Mulhern prog on a Saturday night, In for a Penny. Have you seen the reverse parking on that show?!!! Goodness gracious to me. JantheFan x