Thursday 21 May 2020

Living La Vida Lockdown – Day 59 - Our Meltdown Guilty Pleasure

Though we may be living in unprecedented times, it doesn’t mean that meltdown hasn’t bought some exquisite and guilty pleasures …….
download
….. and for us, one of them has got to be the return of The Great British Sewing Bee, we absolutely LOVE it and The Towers stands still while it is on!
Great British Sewing Bee
Not that any of us is really experienced much beyond the odd button, hem or ripped seam, however, that doesn’t mean that we don’t appreciate a good applique, dart, baste, bias or for that matter bumblebunching! (Mr D we await you considered comment).
Great British Sewing Bee.
Perhaps some of our interest, in part, comes from Hugh, Darrell’s beloved best friend and mentor, as he’s been known to add the odd tuck and sequin in our presence to one or two of his flamboyant stage costumes when they haven’t quite met his exacting standards. Oh and we do very much like Joe Lycett who is the host of the show.
Great British Sewing Bee..
However, we are not without some of the tools ………
IMG_5103
…….. even though we are not very adept at using them! Darrell does actually own a small sewing machine that does a variety of stitches, which he got out the other day, wondering out aloud how hard it would be to make an a la mode, de rigueur, en trend face mask! Hmmmmmm!!!
XXX STAY ALERT XXX

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

My mum taught me the basics of sewing, before I went to university. I was even known to darn my own socks. Not that I have done this for decades. It is more environmentally friendly than throwing them out, I suppose.

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Thank you boys for posting daily, I am enjoying your 'Living La Vida Lockdown'diaries. It has made my daily life a little bit more easier. Stay safe boys. Debbie x

Pamela said...

I enjoy the Great British Sewing Bee too. They have some very talented sewers on.

Anonymous said...

Hand up - another Great Sewing Bee fanatic here.......always wanted to sew.... properly that is!!! It is very entertaining, and has been lifting my spirits. JantheFan x