Monday 9 December 2019

A Certain Festive Smugness .......

A while back Nigel and Darrell clubbed together to buy a Pick 'n' Mix display unit to fill with  comestible treats for special events ....... and today, I admit to having a certain air of smugness and pride about me ..........
...... after I found this fine example of a bubble gum machine for just 99p in the charity shop at the end of the road, and well, at that price it would have been rude not to make a considered purchase.  However, there will definitely not be any bubble gum going into it as it a banned substance at The Towers, no way do I ever want to find myself trying to remove said substance from sheets, cushions, clothes or hair chez nous, ever, but I did think it would be a perfect dispensing receptacle for Maltesers, our most usual confectionery of choice.
The look on Nigel and Darrell's faces when they saw it said it all  ..... it was like Christmas morning but  early ......
...... and within seconds they were filling it with the Maltesers I had also purchased to test whether it would work with them or not.  So far they have put two boxes in it, but I reckon to fill it completely we will probably need another three boxes........ and does it work?  Ohhhhh yes, it certainly does!
I usually leave charity shop shopping to either Nigel and Darrell but in this case they had to agree I made quite a find, I had "dun gud" ... Christmas is beginning to shape up very nicely, very necely indeed!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

A most considered purchase. You could make a fortune, if you had to put money into it.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm liking this - a LOT - I might have to pur-chase one myself and a gross of Maltesers by the sounds of it. I think my Goddaughter will enjoy! JantheFan x