Thursday 19 December 2019

Darrell Finds Festive Frou Frou Treasure!

Darrell had been pretty adamant that his festive frou frou was done for this year ........... until, that is, yesterday afternoon when he went for a mooch round town to visit all his favourite charity shop haunts   .......
....... only to return home in a great flurry of excitement clutching, what he said was Christmas "treasure"!
He'd found a retro/vintage Santa wall plaque in Oxfam for just 99p, he was almost so beside himself, that I had to make him a hot chocolate with squirty cream and a flake in an effort to help calm him down.
He said he didn't know it was something that he'd ever wanted until he saw it, beckoning to him, and for 99p it would have been rude not to make a purchase totally unconsidered ......... and he instantly knew just the place for it .........
....... in my bedroom, in place of the Italian Madonna wall font (also a charity shop find) that was up already.  He was like a dog who had found two bones, a sausage and a rubber ball or a Santa plaque! I really don't think I can cope with any more excitement of this type nature before the BIG day but I guess I must learn to steal myself!!!

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

You will have to steel yourself.

Looking good. Darrell must be very well known in all of the charity shops in town.

Anonymous said...

Perfect! JantheFan x