Thursday 8 October 2009

National Poetry Day - Poem for Sir Alan Sugar


I am not much of a poet and I know it, but I am willing to give it a try.
This years theme is “Heroes and Heroines” and as Sir Alan Sugar is one of my heroes I though I would dedicate my poem to him ….
ahem ……
Sir Alan,
Sitting at your big round desk,
I often think of you.
I love the way your finger, you point
And say
“It is with great regret, 
I have to say you’re fired”



But, if one day,
I came to you,
For a job important and grand,
I hope you’d point your finger at me
And say …..
“Mum’s Monkey,
You are hired”

Monkey Looking At Canary Wharf

When I went on a boat trip up the Thames I went past Canary Wharf and wondered about Sir Alan.  I wondered especially if he was missing Margaret.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Fabulous pem Monkey :D The progamme wont be the same without Margaret and her facial expressions.