Thursday 29 October 2009

Proper Cooked Chips

I think everyone knows by now that I love my food!
Picture 236
And I am particularly fond of proper cooked chips done in a chip pan. Oven chips just don’t do anything for me, although I know that they are much more healthy for me.
 Picture 238Picture 237
Its a family tradition to wrap the cut chips in a damp tea towel before putting them in the pan, goodness knows why.
Picture 241
I like mine with salt, vinegar and tomato sauce, but sometimes when I feel a bit continental I have them with mayonnaise.
Bon Appétit

1 comment:

Carmen said...

My friend has to have mayonnaise with chips, I had never heard of it before meeting her. With me it has to be lots of salt and vinegar (I know, also not healthy) But for a little treat I sometimes have a dollop of Philadelpiha to dunk them in ;) Yum!