Sunday 14 June 2020

Living La Vida Lockdown – Day 83–Sundays Just Ain’t the Same Any More

We, at The Towers tend to be great creatures of habit, especially at the weekend, but of late our Sunday mornings have been rocked to their core ……….

arc

……. when everything was organised around listening to our beloved Archers Omnibus. A pot of tea, a hot buttered crumpet or two or three, with real butter and a smidgeon of Marmite and a strictly no talking policy, lest we miss something vital to the plot.

Marmite on crumpets

But sadly that is no more, because due to this flipping meltdown The Archers now consists of monologues with the various characters pondering over the complexities of bringing in the hay or wondering what kind of cake to bake for the Ambridge Summer Fete  ……..

Marmite on Crumpets..

…….. it’s familiar but just not the same. It must be hard for an actor to deliver their lines as if they were thinking them, rather than saying them aloud to another character, but it’s ……..

IMG_5864

…… to be frank just boring and after a couple of weeks, though believe me, we have tried, we just can’t adjust to the new Covid way of things, thank goodness we have our sleepover to occupy us this weekend ……..but after that we need to seriously find something new, to fill those 60 or so minutes on a Sunday morning to steer us through these dire straits.  Not so happy days, I am afraid!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Difficult times, even at Ambridge. Coronavirus has even reached Borsetshire.

Mind you, crumpets with real butter got my mouth watering! Much as I love Marmite, I wouldn't put anything else on the crumpets.

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Go very sparingly on the marmite, I've heard a rumour there is a shortage... yikes.

Debbie x

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I too miss The Archers. I'm listening to the monologues, on and off, it gives a different perspective on characters, some of the eps are more interesting than others and it's better than nothing I feel. However I am looking forward to things getting back to 'normal' whenever that may be. RUM DE TUM TI TUM DE DUM JantheFan x

Unknown said...

Speaking for myself, I am enjoying the monologues, but not sure how long that will continue. Better days are coming Boys, we all just have to keep that in mind.....