Thursday 18 June 2020

Living La Vida Lockdown – Day 87 – We Might As Well Make It Marmite Week

I think there has been a very definite flavour of Marmite to our umpteenth week in meltdown so far and to keep us on our savoury roll as it were, Darrell decided to try out the Marmite carbonara he’d had up (rather than on) his sleeve for quite a while on Nigel and I.

IMG_5848

Much as I love Marmite, after all it is our savoury spread of choice, I have to admit to being a little sceptical about Darrell’s choice of recipe on this occasion………

Marmite Carbonara

However, I am prepared to eat my words, it certainly hit the mark, it was comfort food at it’s best.

IMG_5847

Who’d have thunk that pasta, parmesan cheese and Marmite would make such perfect bed fellows?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Marmite carbonara sounds great! I'm pleased it hit the spot.

Anonymous said...

Oh I say....this is a possibility. Looks rather delish. JantheFan x