Tuesday 1 December 2009

Tut-tastic Advent Tut - Let the Festivities Begin ......

 
When I was a child I had the same Advent Calendar each year. At the end of the festivities mum would carefully push the perforated edges of the "window" back together and put it away carefully for the following year.
Not once, in my childhood innocence did I ever suspect that I had already experienced the cardboard awe and wonder of Baby Jesus' birth many times before!
Now I am older I have started my own little Advent Tradition, that has caught on where my mum works, called “Advent Tut”.  It’s a collection of 24 bits of  "Tut" that I have collected over the past few months, wrapped in oddments of paper and put into one of last years gift bags.  It’s called “Tut” because each item is very erm….. random and when people open it they usually go “tut"!!!!

advent Tut Bag
Here my Tut Bag sits tantalisingly on my mums desk at work – I have tried so hard not to feel the little parcels, but it is so hard.
If you are a little puzzled, all will be revealed in the fullness of time, because from tomorrow,  I will show you the “Tut” I have received in my Festive Tut Bag from the lovely ladies in my mum’s office.
It's all so Advent-tastic in an opening widows and tut type way!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

What a lovely idea - I can't wait to see what you get :D