Monday 27 April 2015

Darrell Gives In His Notice.

Darrell decided to be the first of us to bite the bullet and after asking if he could have a word with Sarah, our boss, he handed in his notice ………….. he put on his bravest, most positive, smiley face …….
……. but when Sarah opened the letter, read it quietly and then said “Oh no Darrell …… what am I going to do without you? You are my ray of sunshine in this office ….. no one can shred confidential documents like you, and when I hear you singing Updown Funk and see you wiggle as you shred, I know all is well in the world!  Darrell, can I refuse your notice?”
And at that, the tissues came out and the tears flowed …..  Sarah’s  as well as Darrell’s …….. but Darrell, between loud nose blows, explained his/our reasons and Sarah said she was devastated but understood…….
…… and gave him a little bossly cuddle.
…… and decided as these were exceptional circumstances she would break open the coffee break cupcakes a little earlier than usual!

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

How sad. Darrell will be missed very much, as will Mum.

Anonymous said...

I'm filling up here - but the cup cakes cheered my heart. Always a winner. Going shopping tomorrow maybe need to stock up on the Kleenex, the way I can feel this blog is going over the next few weeks - think I've going to need them! JantheFan x

PharmacyMichele said...

Oh my goodness-such a compliment. The first of many sad occasions I think, best keep the tissues handy.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Darrell was so very courageous to be the first to step forward and do what was necessary..... Darrell's presence has obviously been appreciated and valued with Sarah's words a lovely tribute ......dear oh dear, tears aplenty can't be avoided with this sad but happy time! ....I have two new boxes of Kleenex so I am prepared!...Dianne

marc said...

its sad but new paths await we must go forward and be brave big love marc