Thursday 27 June 2013

Oh Nigel!

Poor Nigel,  I found him poring over the dictionary in a complete state of flux saying that he had “discovered” a new word that wasn’t in it …but because it wasn’t in the dictionary,  he didn’t have a clue what it meant!!!!!
Look it up in the dictionaryWhen I asked him what the word was he said “urniture”!  He said he had seen it on a wall on his way to work and it had aroused his word curiosity.
I hated to be the one to burst Nigel’s bubble ….but I know the wall, it’s the entrance to an antique restorers  …. and as gently as I could,  I had to tell him that he wasn’t the intrepid discoverer of a new word after all,   the word should have been “furniture” …. but the “F” had dropped off, what is he like!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Also "antiques" has lost its anti. All very confusing for a young monkey.

Anonymous said...

Bummer!! Nigel has a true enquiring mind...sometimes his quests may be impossible dreams, but it would be a loss for everyone if gave up being an intrepid explorer and discoverer.....Dianne

Anonymous said...

Bet Nigel is a whizz at 'I Spy with my Little Eye...' in the back of the car on the way to a holiday. He'll miss nothing! JantheFan x