Thursday 28 March 2013

Easter Goodies Akimbo In Nigel’s Beloved Kitchen

Easter Cup cakesNigel told me that The Cook Lady had pulled out all the stops this year by way of her Easter comestibles and dragged me (not that I needed much dragging) along to see them for myself…..
WGHS Easter….. and as I was a “personal friend” of her No. 1 Sauce Rotation and Ice Cream Spatula Operative, to wit Nigel,  the aforementioned Cook Lady allowed me to purchase a considered comestible of choice before the “hoards descended”, a bit like an exclusive VIP viewing ……
017Nigel was sooooo proud as he told me that he had been allowed ….. after the scrupulous washing of his hands and donning of a hair net  to carefully position several chocolate eggs in strategic positions on several of the cupcake nests, for which The Cook Lady said she would award him a certificate for “Festive Egg Placement”
018I decided that I would avail myself of a mahoooosive lemony cupcake …. as I very much admired the generous proportion of buttercream that they afforded……
hocolate Easter Nests….. and Nigel obviously choose one of “his” nests …..
Easter chocolate nests…… followed by several chocolate covered cookies “Well…. ” he said “…. it would have looked most rude not too  ….. after all the effort The Cook Lady had put into them!"  What is he like?

5 comments:

Mr.D said...

"No. 1 Sauce Rotation and Ice Cream Spatula Operative"
Who is the number two?
I almost always go for the chocolate dessert, unless Mrs. D has made her world famous (in Abu Dhabi, England and Mexico) baked cheesecake which is off the nom scale.

Anonymous said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Easter (as the Christmas song goes) - well by the cakes and buns maybe - not so much the weather. JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a fantastic assortment of Easter goodies....Oh me, the perks of having influential friends can bring surprising benefits! Lucky boys!!...Dianne

marc said...

cake cake and more cake its a dream pinch me and wake me up before i die of sugar and spice overload lucky boys your are to MRD MRS Ds Cheese cake sounds yummy your a lucky man to have some one who can bake big love marc

Mr.D said...

Marc,
Thank you.
Big respect to you.