Saturday 2 March 2013

Harry Hill’s Sausage Time

sausage timeWhile Darrell and Nigel are away in London, London Lounging and doing all manner of things of a touristy type nature,  I decided that I deserved a little culture too and so availed myself of two tickets for Harry Hill’s Sausage Time in Birmingham  for Lucy and my good self, as “You’ve Been Framed” and “TV Burp” have always been a bit of a televisual highlight for us all on a Saturday night.
Harry Hill Sausage Time012I
I also decided that I should throw caution to the wind and treat the aforementioned Lucy to a slap up pizza at the Pizza Express in The Mailbox …
022….. where I ordered a rocket strewn Polpette Bolognese and Lucy a Sloppy Giueseppe.
Pizza Express….. It was all very acceptable and much appreciative nomming could be heard coming from our most ambient and romantic candlelit table.
Pizza Express latteThe desserts were very tempting,  but in the end we both settled for a latte, leaving a small space for the M&M’s, Maltesers and Monster Munch Lucy had secreted in her handbag for our enjoyment during the performance …. and I confess to having a couple of satsumas and a banana in my pocket too….. I have found that sweeties and ice cream can be very expensive in theatrical establishments, so it pays to nip into a Poundland to purchase your confectionary type comestibles before a performance …. but then remember to hide them up your sleeves (or down your trouser legs)  if you know you that it will be likely that you will be robustly security searched on entry.
Harry Hill Sausage Time.mAs we arrived at the theatre both Lucy and my excitement was both tangible and palpable ….. we knew it would be a little surreal …
Harry Hill Sausage Time.Lucy tittered all the way through and on a couple of occasions I feared I would never catch my breath again with laughter and wished I had bought on of Darrell’s paper bags with me……
034….. especially when a mahoooosive sausage was launched into the audience ….. which if Nigel had been with us would have been a moment of great awe and wonder!!!!  A brilliant night of culture …. equal to any Darrell and Nigel are also currently experiencing!

7 comments:

Dianne said...

Culture, pizza, sausage awe and wonder, laughter that goes all the way to the toes......a good time and fun night to savour and remember!......Dianne

Mr.D said...

"I confess to having a couple of satsumas and a banana in my pocket too." Front or back pocket? I wonder what Mae West would have said.
I hadn't thought of Harry Hill for years. I liked him when he was first on the radio and also his fruit fancies. Hill-arious.

Di said...

Quick Monkey! Pass me a paper bag - can't breathe and crying with laughter here at the fruit choice (and hiding thereof) for Harry Hill's. Bwah, ha, ha..............gasp, gasp. xxx

marc said...

it sounds like your having such a lovely time with out the boys around But o Darling i do wish you would have said i would have asked dear Harry to invite you back stage for nibbles and a glass of vintage vimto never mind there is always the christmas special big show biz wave Hugh

marc said...

Mr D your so bad but o so funny big love marc

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fantastic evening! Although personally I would have asked them to refrain from adorning my pizza with rocket. I'm pleased they didn't search you if you had a banana down your trousers! :-o x

Mr.D said...

Thank you Marc.
Tee hee