Friday 25 October 2013

I Must Need My Head Seeing Too….. But ……

Darrell said that last week when he had taken Nigel out to get some new “smart” clothes for work Nigel had set his little heart on a totally impractical pumpkin outfit  …….
Picture22
…… and Darrell for once, bless him, had been inherently sensible and told Nigel, firmly that there was no way they could buy anything of such a frivolous type nature as we don’t have money to squander and that he had to have something hard wearing and wouldn’t make him look ridiculous on a “normal” day, without any washing and ironing implications …..
Picture23
So, smart, practical and hardwearing was duly purchased ….. with only the tiniest of tuts!
However, knowing that Darrell was going down to see Hugh, our friend who leads the showbiz life in Notting Hill over half term,  I knew Nigel would be feeling a little lonely and left out ……so I succumbed …
Picture24
…… and decided to catch the train and go to Telford …. to purchase the outfit for Nigel, especially as he really has been working diligently in the kitchen with cook and then coming home to practice for his SATS.
Picture25
Outfit purchased, impractical though it was  …… I decided to treat myself to a latte and Baumkuchen ……..
Picture26Picture27
However,  I was too embarrassed to asked for the aforementioned Baumkuchen as I didn’t have a clue how to pronounce it, so I just pointed at it.  I have to say that it was the nicest rich almond sponge with praline and marzipan enrobed fondant comestible I have had in a long time, nom, nom, nom!
Picture28
I will give Nigel his outfit on Halloween morning …… I can’t wait to see his little face when he sees it!

3 comments:

Mr.D said...

Pointing works well all over the world. PE Lady's Mum's poppy looks great.
In Mexico, Day of the Dead is a huge event round about Halloween.

Anonymous said...

what a nice surprise to find such a delectable treat...doesn't matter if it had such a difficult name....the nom rating is what counts! the mouth waters just reading the description! It will always be a special memory for Nigel to receive a wished for item and I know he will be so grateful his joy will be a treasured memory for all.....Dianne

marc said...

FAB cant wait to see you this weekend big showbiz wave Hugh