It’s knitting needles akimbo here as we’ve just had an e-mail from Innocent saying that the Big Knit is back, and it’s time to embrace the theme and start knitting with robust fervour …..
Since we got the news Darrell and Nigel having been ravelling and unravelling with gusto …..
There are no patterns on the site yet, but we managed find this basic pattern from a couple of years back which will give us a head start …..
- Cast on 28 stitches in DK yarn with 3.25mm needles.
- Knit for two rows.
- Alternate knit and purl rows for around 16 rows.
- Knit two stitches together along two rows, so that you have 7 stitches left.
- Cut the yarn with a long tail, and use a yarn needle to thread it through the remaining open stitches. Pull it tight and then sew up the side of the hat
- Make a pompom for the top and sew it on.
We’re not sure if Nigel is up to much knitting and purling, but we are using his head as the base for all our hats ….. if they fit Nigel’s bonce, we know that they will fit a small Innocent Smoothie bottle! Happy Days!