Wednesday 29 May 2013

Find A Penny ….

Nigel couldn’t believe his luck when he found two pennies lying willy nilly and abandoned at the bus stop yesterday morning ….. 
find a penny
Naturally, he waited around for a little while to see if they were claimed but after three hours he reasoned that such an occurance was by then  doubtful and so trousered picked them up and claimed them as his own, claiming that “….. possession was nine fifths of the law!”
Find a penny.
And, as he has been diligently putting every spare penny he has away to put towards his spending money in Last Vegas, two more pennies is a very welcome addition ….. especially as he has set his heart on making a considered purchase of a Tootsie Roll!

4 comments:

Mr.D said...

Maybe the have Shove a hapenny machines in Las Vegas. I have my doubts.

Anonymous said...

Liking the thinking Nigel - I quite fancy a Tootsie Roll myself - now how can I make some money???? Maybe if I hang around street corners I might see some pennies on the ground? Hmmmmm.......might give that one a miss ....... would hate to be hurled in front of the judge and charged with lurking.....or something a lot worse. JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Oh, possession is definitely nine fifths of the law, or more! "See a penny, pick it up, all day long have good luck"! Hope this is a good luck day, dear Nigel....Dianne

Anonymous said...

PS If you become a Vegas High Roller, I am certain the hotel will provide Tootsie Rolls by the barrel!!...Dianne