Thursday 19 May 2011

Arrividerci Wolverhampton Part 3

Ciao bella!
Picture 092
Guess were I am? I told you this was a whistle stop trip …… as soon as we left the airport and our bags were on the coach, our tour began, straight to the Coliseum….
Picture 093
I got chills and goosebumps all over, (even though it was very hot) …… I never ever thought in my whole life that one day I would be standing in the Coliseum in Rome.  Gladiator and Ben-Hur are  my most favourite films of all time …..
Picture 095
……. and to think I am here where it all took place, It’s not often that I am reduced to silence ….
Picture 096
….. but I was, it took my breathe away. I wonder how Darrell would translate into a Roman gladiator name ….Darracus Maximus Dextapus?

2 comments:

Mr.D said...

Wow. Impressive. You are far too nice to be a gladiator.

Darrell said...

I can be a bit ruff anf tuff sometimes Mr D ..... but I have to be in the mood!