Monday 29 October 2012

All Is Not What It Seems ….. Honestly!

Unfortunately,  I had a slight sniffle for a couple of days last week and so Darrell had to take over my duties of a Halloween type nature in the Food Tech Department to prevent any outbreak of unseemly cross contamination ….. a task he embraced with relish …..but it did get me to thinking ….
Halloween cupcakes… that some of you may have come to the  assumption that since I joined the Food Department as the new Departmental Technician my days are filled solely with the sampling of cupcakes .....
Orange buttercream..... I feel I must robustly refute this allegation, despite the photographic evidence proving to the contrary!
Cupcakes for HalloweenIt’s just that celebratory and seasonal cupcakes are very much de rigueur and rife throughout the department at the moment ! What more can I add in my defence? To quote Darrell after his brief culinary stint on my behalf, ”I suppose a glut of cupcake sampling can look somewhat suspicious, but sometimes cupcakes just happen …..get over it ….. nom, nom, nom …..”
022.... It would have been a nice touch if I could have got in touch with Derek Accorah as he would have made a most excellent and seasonal guest judge at Cupcake Club during this tide of spookiness  ….. perhaps next year!

6 comments:

Mr.D said...

Am I convinced by this explanation? I think not. Will the proof be in the size of your stomachs in a few months?

Mr.D said...

P.S. Some of my posts from last week have not yet appeared. Do I need to re-write them?
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mr.D. the loss of your tender words has a link to the demons who kidknapped Nigel - maybe they are now hitting the interweb!
Me thinks you need a tray of cupcakes as a way of compensation for your missing words of wisdom to the masses.
JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

Well, this appears to be one of those jobs someone has to bite the bullet/cupcake for and be willing to take on! Real dedication and sacrifice here! Gok Wan worthy this attention to detail.....Hungry for something yummy Dianne

marc said...

those cup cackes look fab you will have to teach Hugh how to make them when you come to see him his cake making is not that great big love marc

Mr.D said...

Jan the fan - could be a conspiracy theory.