Thursday 25 October 2012

Rainbow Cup Cakes

The youngest of the young ladies at school, who go to Cupcake Club, asked me to judge their rainbow cupcakes …… I felt immensely honoured …. and was determined to carry out the task with all due and robust diligence.
Cupcake mixThere were five cakes in all to be evaluated …..
Cupcake Club……but I thank goodness they had been cut into four, because although I have a hearty appetite for “the cup cake” …… to eat five whole ones in quick succession would have certainly overloaded my digestive tract.
Cup Cake Club TastingI judged each cake by how they filled the cake case, the separation of the individual colours, sponginess and most importantly nom nom nominess.
Cupcake 4In the end I selected cake No.4 as my cup cake of choice, which I described as “Sooooooo light and fluffy, as if created by angels in the kitchens of heaven” ….. I may have over egged my description a little, but it did get a rapturous round of applause ….. and I think I may be asked to judge at Cupcake Club again. Perhaps someone from the BBC will read this and see that I could have the potential to be a most excellent “guest” judge on the Great British Bake Off, you never know!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

....and if you have any spare cupcakes I'm only too willing help you evaluate them too for their nominess and yumminess!
JantheFan x

Anonymous said...

I know the responsibility weighed heavily even if the cupcakes were light as air, but that is truly a dream job! The BBC should take note of your careful, thoughtful consideration of each cupcake and be assured you would be a fair and impartial, as well as experienced, judge ....happy nomming should any more opportunities come your way!...Dianne

marc said...

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup caaaaaaaaaakes yuuuuuuuuuuuuumy droooooooling like homer you get all the best jobs those girls must love you big love marc

Mr.D said...

Did you get to scrape the mixing bowls too? This should be part of the job - to judge the best tasting uncooked ingredients.

Anonymous said...

I read this article completely on the topic
of the difference of most up-to-date and earlier technologies, it's amazing article.

Check out my web page great site