Thursday 17 May 2018

A Suitable Ensemble For A Royal Wedding?

Darrell has bought himself a new pair of zebra print “jeggings”, in honour, he says of the Royal Wedding. I have to admit that I am  a little dubious. No doubt animal print is a timeless fashion stable staple, but for me it lacks a certain solemnity such an occasion requires, but Darrell insists that Harry and Meghan are a very modern couple, according to Hugh, (the doyen of everything of a regal type nature at the moment)  and would approve wholeheartedly of such individuality ………
IMG_8001
If Harry was not bound by tradition and royal protocol he would probably be only too willing to ditch the obligatory state uniform in favour of said zebra jeggings and who’s to say that under Meghan’s much anticipated nuptial frock she isn’t wearing a pair of wild Doc Martens with quirky tights.
IMG_8003
I am happy to say that Nigel is going for a much more formal ensemble, dusting off the top hat and tails he wore at The Queens Garden Party at Buckingham Palace a few years ago.   I am yet to decide what I will wear, but I think it needs to be somewhere between these two extremes.

1 comment:

Mr.D said...

I shudder to think what Darrell will be wearing underneath his jeggings!